How we influence the factors mentioned above are with a few key SEO services. A good SEO company (like ours, for example) should typically include the following in their SEO contract:
• Website structure analysis
• Website content analysis, including conversion rate analysis
• Off-page online analysis
• Optimization of website code and structure
• Optimization of onsite content
• Optimization of off-page factors
Things ONE MOMENT team looks for include:
• HTTP or HTTPS – The “s” at the end of HTTPS means your website is secure. You need a secured site even if you don’t take credit card payments online because Google gives secure websites preference in the search results.
• Analytics setup – We look for existing analytics tracking, and if there is none, we install it so we can better track where your leads and sales are coming from. This helps provide the most meaningful results for you.
• Robots.txt – This is the file that is used to prevent search engine crawlers from crawling and indexing pages on your website that you want hidden from public view.
• Site errors – These send signals to search engines that your site is not trustworthy and thus not worthy of being a premium listing spot. Common errors include 4XX errors, duplicate page content, duplicate title tags, missing title tags, and crawlers blocked by Robots.txt.
• Indexed status – Indexed pages have been found by search crawlers (like the spiders for Google) and deemed to have enough quality for relevant search phrases. Indexed pages will show up in search results and can drive organic traffic to your site.
• Sitemap – Your XML sitemap is a list of all the pages on a website that you want a search engine to index (not to be confused with the robots.txt which tells a search engine which pages not to index).
• Page speed – User experience is important for search engines – they know that users are impatient. This is why site speed if a factor in how well your website ranks.
• Meta elements – Duplicate title tags, meta descriptions, and site content can all negatively impact your site’s search engine rankings and click-through-rate. Ensuring your meta elements are optimized will better your chances of being found on the SERPs.
• Conversion rates – we look for bottlenecks in the user experience and content that might be throttling leads. For example, we will A:B test different contact forms or links to find out which ones work the best for your company.
Once all the technical stuff has been taken care of, we move onto:
CONTENT ANALYSIS: This is where we and the SEO team come in. By checking out the content you already have on your site, we can diagnose a number of issues related to:
• Voice search compatibility
• Poorly-targeted keywords
• Poorly ranking content
• Duplicate content issues
• Missing pages
• Name-address-phone number inconsistencies (for local SEO) and many more...
OFF-PAGE ANALYSIS: Much of your SEO success takes place off your website, on review sites, industry blogs, online directories, and more. The good part about that is that if you’re really popular online or have lots of stellar reviews from past customers, it’s easy to rank really well for your treasured keywords. The bad part of that is most small companies aren’t that popular and many may have more negative reviews than positive, no matter how good their services are.
So, once we’ve strip searched your entire website we turn our attention to what people are saying about you. This includes finding mentions of your site across the web and seeing how we can adjust them to your advantage. If we see negative reviews, we’ll show you how to respond to them and hopefully make amends with the customer. Our goal for you is to have a reputable online presence that users trust and we use the following tools to get there:
• Increases in organic traffic
• Content focused on locality
• Unique title tags and meta descriptions for each product and service area
• Consistent NAP across every listing
• Authentic reviews, marked up with schema
• Reputable directory listings
• A mobile responsive website
• Authority building measures
You’d be surprised—little things like those listed above can make an astounding difference when you’re trying to extend your web presence online.
OPTIMIZING CODE AND SITE STRUCTURE: Sometimes your site code and structure is in a good place and only needs a few minor tweaks. (Let’s be real—there’s ALWAYS something else you can be doing to outperform your local competitors.) When the SEO team at ONE MOMENT optimizes your site code and structure, you can rest assured knowing you have experts handling the job. But more importantly, we will:
• Structure your site’s navigation so it’s easy for people to find exactly what they want
• Clean up the code in your site so it runs faster
• Eliminate errors Google picks up when it crawls
• Add an XML sitemap so Google’s crawler can quickly visit the different pages
• Add internal links to pages within your site so users can flow to the places you want them to go
OPTIMIZING ON-PAGE CONTENT: Content is a king. When it comes to maintaining your website, it’s not a one and done job. You don’t just create landing pages, put them live, and that’s that. In order to consistently drive organic traffic to your website, you need to constantly be creating new content AND optimizing existing pages on your website. The SEO team at ONE MOMENT will:
• Remove or rewrite duplicate content
• Place keywords in your page titles to help Google rank your pages
• Add well written, keyword rich copy to underperforming landing pages
• Create new landing pages to draw in other visitors
• Add images, format text, and change colors to move more visitors to convert
OPTIMIZING OFF-PAGE FACTORS: Your off-site presence is just as important as your on-site factors—which is why we will work to:
• Use local SEO tactics to improve your position in the search results for local terms
• Find directory listings of your business online, verify them, and update them to make sure they contain accurate information
• Seek out new, valuable directories to add your site to
• Submit press releases about new services your company is offering and other newsworthy items we come across
• Discover noncompetitive blogs in industries similar to yours for whom we can write guest posts in exchange for links
CONTINUED ANALYSIS: Search engine optimization is more than just making these changes to your website. Throughout this process we will:
• Monitor rankings, traffic, and conversions on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis
• Use the data we’ve gathered to determine which of the above items will help your site the most
If you meet any of the following requirements, you need to hire an SEO company, no ifs, ands or buts.
1. I want to grow my business
2. I currently don’t know how my website is contributing to my bottom line
3. I want to be found in a newly expanded market area
4. I want more people to call me than my competitors
5. I want more leads
6. I want more sales
7. I want to differentiate myself from my competitors
8. I want to outrank my competitors in the search results